The weekend before last was my handsome’s birthday and we decided to make the short trip to Austin, TX to celebrate. We had the best time aimlessly wandering around downtown, popping in and out of bars on 6th street, eating at some of the best restaurants, and fully enjoying our wonderful home away from home, Hotel Indigo.
We had a v small window of time to stay in ATX thanks to our busy work schedules, but we were committed to making the most of our time and managed to pack our itinerary to the fullest. I thought it’d be fun to share some of our favorite highlights of our trip in case any of you were heading that way anytime soon.
Our favorite Austin picks of the weekend
1. EAT- Taverna by Lombardi. We managed to make it out of our hotel for almost every meal during our stay, which allowed us to try all the different food Austin has to offer. Sunday night we ate at the quaint Italian restaurant, Taverna. When going out to eat my preference is usually Sushi or Mexican but the birthday boy wanted Italian for his bday dinner. MAN am I glad he made that decision. Taverna was some of the best Italian food I’ve ever had. If you ever get the chance to go, be sure to order their lasagna and margherita pizza- you won’t regret it.
2. BAR- The library on 6th. This is a great bar to take your guy to. A lot of big screen TV’s that display the biggest NFL/NHL/NBA/MLB etc. games of the day/night. He loved the bar because of the obvious, and I loved the bar because they blared some great 90’s and early 2000 jams. I was having the best time and so was he.
3. PLAY- Barton Springs Pool. We had the chance to stop by on a Monday so the crowds were little to none. We actually hate being around a ton of people so that was a win for us haha. People are the worst, no? Anyways, the water was ridiculously cold so we just laid on the grassy knoll and enjoyed the view and beautiful weather. It was such a nice morning to ourselves.
4. RELAX- Guero’s Taco Bar. We happened to stumble across Geuro’s on the way back to the car from brunch. Guero’s is definitely a south congress treasure. An outdoor music patio and bar serving mimosas, bloody mary’s, beer and tacos. It’s like a little music and food oasis hidden off busy SOCO. A definite must visit.
5. STAY- Hotel Indigo. I have been to Austin a handful of times and have yet to come across a hotel I’ve enjoyed more than Hotel Indigo. Everything from the decor, the room, the rooftop pool, and bar/restaurant was beyond. A stone’s throw away from 6th street makes this place the perfect base if ever you should visit the city.
If you’ve already been to ATX, what are some of your favorite places? LMK in the comments below XX